Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What's For Dinner Mom?



So... you'll never guess what my family had for dinner tonight! Yes... that's right, we had Macaroni Grill ... from Wal-mart! WHAT... you ask? Ha! Ha! While I was doing my weekly grocery shopping in Wal-mart this past Monday I noticed these (NEW!) boxed meals from Romano's Macaroni Grill. I jumped towards the shelf with major excitement... let me just tell ya! I couldn't believe it! I know, I was actually getting way too happy about these "boxed" pasta dinners. But guess what, they offer four different restaurant favorites and of course..., I purchased all four! And..., the best part is they were maybe $4. I can't truly remember, but I do remember thinking they were very reasonable!!! Tonight we had CREAMY BASIL Parmesan Chicken & Pasta. It was very tasty and I was so excited to notice Mike and both girls also enjoying it! Yea for me!!! It was so easy to put together and tasted like we were sitting in the restaurant. :) How cool is that!?! The other meals offered are (get your taste buds ready) GARLIC & HERB Chicken Penne, Chicken ALFREDO with LINGUINE, and Chicken MARSALA with LINGUINE. Sorry... you're probably starving right now just reading this!
I'll try to calm myself down. :) I just know way too well what it's like trying to invent creative dinner ideas! Maybe give these a shot and hopefully you'll be as pleasantly surprised as I was!
If you click on the above highlighted words "Macaroni Grill" it will take you to their website and a coupon to save a $1!

*A little side note... I love this! On the side of each box they offer a Chef-Inspired Tip to spice up the meal! Very cool, huh!?! :)
For an appetizer tonight, Sarah helped me make an amazingly easy black bean dish my sister-in-law, Nicole, told me about last week while vacationing together at the beach.

Simply, saute 2 cloves of garlic and some red onion in olive oil and mix in 2 cans of black beans. Ummmm! It's wonderful with Tostitos! My new favorite Tostitos are the Multigrain ones! I know... I sound like a commercial!

Taste and See!

Black Bean with Chips


CREAMY BASIL Parmesan Chicken & Pasta

I must not forget to mention my Sweet Mother's Birthday is today, August 27th! Yes... both my parents have Birthdays within days of each other. Happy Birthday to the sweetest Mom in the world! I love you Mom! Thank you for all the MANY dinners you prepared for me EVERY night during my growing up years! To you I owe everything!

Blessings,
Until next time...

No comments: