Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Christmas Wedding

Speaking of Christmas weddings, today is my parent's wedding anniversary. Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! I've never mentioned this to them but I have always secretly wished I could go back in time somehow and attend their wedding! My mother was such a beautiful bride and Dad was so handsome in his suit with tails! I would have loved to have seen them on this day so many years ago. I'm sure they were just beaming with sweet excitement. Mom was attending Methodist College at the time working on a degree in Education so having the wedding in December worked best for her because she had much of the month off. Her bridesmaids wore red velvet and carried white fur muffs with red roses. She got married at her father's church where he was the minister. It was adorned with white roses everywhere! The florist in town was a family friend so Mom's wedding and reception was full of beautiful flowers! The flowers of any wedding are my most favorite detail! I just love really tastefully arranged fresh flowers!

I had the fun opportunity this past weekend of directing a Christmas wedding. The bride and I began planning this wedding over a year ago. She wanted a winter wonderland theme. Her colors were shades of blue and silver. Here are some pictures below of her special day. She really made such an elegant bride! :)


The bride's bouquet consisted of all calla lilies. Calla lilies stand for magnificent beauty! I enjoy knowing the meaning of flowers!











This is a candy bar. Guest filled up clear bags with the different candies. This served as their wedding favor.










The bride with her sister, the maid of honor.


The club where the reception was hosted didn't allow paper luminaries, so these are made completely out of ice. I just adore luminaries for a Christmas wedding and was so thankful we were able to do these instead.

Another clever detail - the club also did not allow sparklers which the bride wanted to use for her exit so we used potato flakes, which resembled snow! :)

Hope you enjoyed seeing the pictures!

Christmas Blessings,
Until next time...

1 comment:

Laura said...

how fun! loved the pics of the wedding and your christmas. seems like you guys had a full, wonderful holiday with traditions and fun. thanks for posting! love reading your updates. happy new year, friend. love, L