Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas Tree Tradition

This past Sunday we traveled up to the mountains to find our Christmas Tree. This is always one of Mike's favorite traditions of the season. It was sooo cold and a little drizzly, so we didn't get to ride the hay-ride through the farm but we did enjoying sipping hot cocoa and looking at the farm animals. As soon as Elizabeth saw them, she shouted out, "Ba-Ba"! She has been learning the song, "Ba-Ba Black Sheep, Have You Any Wool"... I thought that was so smart! :) Here is a picture of us at the farm and here is a picture of our tree after we finished decorating it. We opted for a table top tree this year. I'm sure if any of you have children under the age of 2 you know why! :)


Here is our doggie, "Lucy". I think in this picture she looks like the dog "Max" on the movie, The Grinch!

Wow! As I I sit here typing I just realized my laptop says it's 24 degrees outside right now. Brrrr.... That just sounds PLAIN COLD, huh!?!

And, now for a Thanksgiving Update:
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with my husband's family at his sister's home. She had it beautifully decorated from head to toe with many Christmas delights. It's always a treat to visit her home at Christmas time. Below is a picture of my sweet niece Payton helping Elizabeth practice her walking. Payton has just learned how to do PowerPoint presentations on her "New" birthday laptop. So... the whole "Thanksgiving" weekend she ran around snapping shots of everyone and all the Thanksgiving food and decorations. She really enjoyed herself and we loved seeing all her PowerPoint presentations as we sat around with STUFFED BELLIES!!! She, on the other hand was doing a great job of working hers off! :)



Christmas Blessings,
Until next time...

1 comment:

Laura said...

how fun!! don't you just love the holidays!! we are heading to get our tree this weekend, too. looking forward to decorating it, though little kids and ornaments are not a good combo! like the table tree idea! your girls are beautiful . . .