
Thanksgiving is fast approaching? I love this time of year! We are spending ours with my husband's family this year! We are looking forward to seeing them all for a couple of days, stuffing our bellies full of Grandma's delicious turkey, rice, and gravy. Am I making you hungry? :)
One of my favorite tips when cooking a turkey is to use the wonderful Reynold's Wrap Turkey Bags. I have used them in the past and they produce the juiciest turkeys I think - making the flavor so good! In fact, even though I'm not cooking a "Thanksgiving" turkey this year, I went ahead and got a box of them so I can make us a turkey sometime between now and Christmas.
This time of year I'm also reminded how thankful I feel for the many blessings in my life. Let us be encouraged to remember that Thanksgiving Day is NOT just about a big turkey feast and a football game, but it IS about being thankful in our hearts and minds to the Lord Jesus Christ for what he has done for each of us. I recently heard this stated during a sermon on my car radio- David Jeremiah, a wonderful pastor in the San Diego area said something like this, "Isn't it amazing how during the Bible times - the people of that era took a week to honor a time of "Thanksgiving". The pilgrim people took 3 days for Thanksgiving and "we" who have the most of any of these groups of people take only "1" official day to offer up a day of Thanksgiving". Interesting, huh? The more we have, the less we are thankful!!! Food for thought!
May we humble ourselves in the sight of our Creator and be truly thankful this year to Him alone! He is the reason we live and breath and have our being.
Thank You Lord for blessing me more than I deserve. I honor You this week! May my life be a reflection of You and my heart, a thankful one.
Blessings of Thanksgiving,
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment