I wanted to share a little with you about my dear friend Emily Wickham who I can joyfully say has just published her 1st Bible Study workbook, titled, Reaching for Righteousness. Written in her own words, Reaching for Righteousness "guides women through the book of Esther, challenging them to grow in righteous behavior." Daily prayers, Scripture reading, observation, author reflections, and application questions are included." She continues to say, "this workbook is designed for individual or group use and contains instructions for following either a one month, ten week, or thirty-one week schedule." She is a beautiful godly lady who the Lord has graciously placed in my life. We have been friends now for about 8 years and actually had the opportunity to work together before the birth of my 1st daughter. She is a mother of four precious children who she is also homeschooling. She has a new blog now that co insides with her book. I hope you have a chance to check out her website. I just know it will be a blessing to your life. Click here to access her website. I have actually had the privilege of completing the Reaching for Righteousness study and found it to be challenging, uplifting and life-changing.Emily is also a very gifted poet. There is a place on her website where you can read some of her latest poems. One of my favorites was recently read out loud in our worship service by her husband who was preaching that morning. Here it is:
"Be Near Me"
The world...
Is rushing by
These days.
I want...
To hear your voice
This day.
Hold me
Hush me
Still me
Stop me...
Oh Lord!
Be near me!
Sometimes You feel so close
Yet many times I'm cluttered...
Busy days, exhausted nights,
Responsibilites
And countless activites
My time with You becomes slight.
I just want You to break into
All plans that I have made.
I just want You
To speak into
The noise so it will fade.
"Seek me"
"Find me"
"Call me"
"Hear me"...
My Lord!
You're near me!
By: Emily Wickham
She is such a gifted writer and retreat speaker because of her beautiful and obedient relationship with the Lord. May her words uplift and inspire you in your daily walk.
Blessings,
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment