*1 large Terra Cotta saucer (the larger the better- mine could actually be a little bigger but it works)
*1 small Terra Cotta pot
*potting soil
*rye grass seed
*sticks from your yard
*stone/rock
*hot glue gun or twine/string
*flowers
*small white fabric
*something to mist the grass seed with
Tonight we put ours together. It was really a lot of fun! Sarah loved helping us and learning a little about what actually took place. I hope this project will help to provide a visual for her to better understand what Christ did for us so long ago.
I've provided pictures to give you an idea of how to put it together. We picked sticks and a rock from our yard. Daddy used a hot glue gun to mold the sticks together to make the 3 crosses. Be sure and mist the grass every day and within 3 or 4 days the grass should begin to grow.
On Good Friday explain as best you can the story of Good Friday and that Christ was crucified and was placed in the tomb. If you have a small figure of Christ... or I'm probably going to try and draw one on card stock and cut it out - have the children watch you place Him in the tomb. Explain that 3 days later He rose from the dead to eternal life so that we also may live forever one day with Him. Yay!!! On Easter morning when the children go to look - they will find that the stone has been rolled away and all that is left inside the tomb is the white burial cloths that were used to put around Jesus. He has risen!!! I'm planning to also place pretty little yellow flowers around the saucer to make it look fresh and spring-like for Easter morning. But once the grass has grown in, it looks just beautiful! This is our kitchen table centerpiece now through Easter. I will post some more pictures of ours as the grass begins to grow. :)
"Finally Pilate handed Him over to them to be crucified. So the solders took charge of Jesus. Carrying His own cross, He went out to the place of the Skull (which in Aramaic is called Golgotha). Here they crucified Him, and with Him two others - one on each side and Jesus in the middle." -John 19:16-18
Remembering what He did for us,
Until next time...
2 comments:
Sweet! I am following your blog but for some reason it won't list on my profile as that I am following it - oh well.
Good ideas!
Can't wait to make one for our family. Please post pictures as soon as it started to sprout...
Post a Comment