Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thursday's Child


Today, Thursday, October 18, 2008 my beautiful Elizabeth Rose is 11 months! She was actually born on a Thursday. What's interesting is her big sister Sarah was also born on a Thursday. They were both born the day after their due dates within 30 minutes of each other. Pretty crazy, huh!?!
I was born on a Monday. Mike was born on a Friday. What day were you born on? If you are curious click here to find out.
Below I have included the Mother Goose Nursery Rhyme,
Monday's Child. Don't forget to teach your children nursery rhymes. They are sweet poems to be enjoyed and cherished!



Monday's Child
Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for his living,
And the child that is born on the Sabbath day is fair and wise, and good and gay.

O, I think the Sabbath day would be such a sweet day to be born on! :)

And, now for an update on Elizabeth. She is truly so precious!!! She is really growing! Some of her favorites things right now are; watching Sarah play and sing, playing "bump heads" with Daddy, bouncing up and down to music, crawling everywhere and discovering new things, watching our dog "Lucy", eating Yobaby yogurt, playing with toys, chewing on board books, bath time... and the list goes on.
It is just so wonderful to observe her and Sarah everyday learning new things. For example, yesterday Sarah learned the work "cousin". I told her that Jordan and Payton were her "cousins". She loved that! Today, she has mentioned them being her "cousins" several times in different sentences. Everyday they both learn so much. I feel so honored, beyond words, that I am able to stay at home with these two precious creations and witness their many "firsts" in life. My prayer is that I will never forget this incredible privilege and responsibility. It is truly a privilege as well as a high calling - a high calling to teach and love them well.
We teach what we know but I believe we reproduce what we are.
Proverbs 31:26 is the kind of mother I want to be~ "She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue." My deepest desire is to pass on the "baton of faith" to my children. I challenge you if you are a mother to have that same desire. We will all pass on something! What will you pass on to your children? Will you pass on what the world has to offer or what He has to offer?
Psalm 32:8 says, "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye."
Thank You Lord for guiding me daily with these little ones because I know without a shadow of a doubt, the only good in me is You!
And, finally...
Here is a cute poem to leave you with~
Sacred
this house is a good mess
it's the proof of life
no way would I trade jobs
but it don't pay overtime
I'll get to the laundry
I don't know when
I'm saying a prayer tonight
cause tomorrow it starts again
could it be that everything is sacred?
and all this time
everything I've dreamed of
has been right before my eyes
the children are sleeping
but they're running through my mind
the sun makes them happy
and the music makes them unwind
my cup runneth over
and I worry about the stain
teach me to run to You
like they run to me for every little thing
when I forget to drink from You
I can feel the banks harden
Lord, make me like a stream
to feed the garden
wake up, little sleeper
the Lord, God Almighty
made your Mama keeper
so rise and shine
rise and shine cause
everything is sacred
and all this time
everything I've dreamed of
has been right before my eyes


And, one last little tidbit of info. you may or may not care to know~
Tomorrow 16 years ago my husband and I went on our 1st date! :) What an exciting night that was! I remember saying to the Lord that night after our date, "Lord, thank You! (It actually brings tears to my eyes and heart just to type these words.) If I never get to do that again, you know, go out with him, I feel so completely content just because I got to spend one night with him."
Who would have ever known 16 years later...
I love you "Buddy" forever and always~ Ju


Blessings,
Until next time...

No comments: