Here are the lyrics. May they be of some value to you as they are to my soul.
Knowing You
All I once held dear, built my life upon,
All this world reveres and wars to own;
All I once thought gain I have counted loss,
Spent and worthless now compared to this.
Chorus:
Knowing You, Jesus, knowing You
There is no greater thing.
You're my all, You're the best,
You're my joy, my righteousness,
And I love You Lord.
Now my heart's desire is to know You more,
To be found in You and know as Yours,
To possess by faith what I could not earn
All surpassing gift of righteousness
To know the power of Your risen life,
And to know You in Your sufferings;
To become like You in Your death, my Lord,
So with You to live and never die.
On another note~
This past week we traveled to our local library and checked out some "apple" books. One in particular that Sarah especially loved was called, The Apple Doll by Elisa Kleven. It's a precious story of a little girl named Lizzy who loves looking at her family's apple tree outside her window. She is terrified to attend the first day of school. So, she picks an apple off the tree and turns her into her friend. The apple makes up her head and she finds some twigs for her body. She names her Susanna and takes her to school. Naturally, the other children at school are not too amused by her doll and tell her the apple doll needs hair and clothes... But, she is not bothered by them one bit. She loves her new found friend, Susanna! The story continues by Lizzy's parents showing her how to dry out Susanna's head to make her last longer and they even help her make hair and clothes for Susanna. Lizzy is so excited!
Through the drying process Susanna's face begins to resemble an "aged woman". When Lizzy takes her apple doll back to school all the children are so impressed by her hair, clothes and charming look that they are all begging to make their own apple dolls. So... that is just what they did. With the teacher's help, Lizzy teaches all the children how to make their own apple dolls. Isn't that a sweet story!?! It really is a delightful book! :)
Also, the back of the book gives detailed instructions on making your own apple doll. We began Sarah's apple doll tonight. She was sooooooooo excited!!! I will post some pictures as soon as I can. The doll actually takes a few days to make. I thought we should name her "Granny Smith". Mike says, "Granny D... (our last name)". Sarah says we should name her "Sarah."
We'll see ~ I can't wait to introduce her to you when she is ready!

We've had an "apple" of a week!
Here are some fun pictures below of Sarah and the Caramel Apples we made this past week.
Sweet and Sticky Blessings,
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment