Monday, September 15, 2008

"Isn't She Lovely... Isn't She Wonderful..."



Hi Everyone~ Here are some fun pictures from today!

Sarah decided she wanted to go swimming today in her pool! Isn't she funny posing for the camera! A good friend of ours gave her this swimsuit for her birthday. She puts it on sometimes and pretends she is a singing/dancing star.

And..., here she is in the pool doing some cool moves!






After pool time Sarah practiced writing her name. I believe we have discovered a great way to introduce her to the letters in her name. I start by drawing little tick marks in the shape of each letter. She then traces each letter. I can't believe how awesome she is doing. This is only her second day at trying this. She was so proud of herself!


"Yes... Yes... Thank you very much!!!" :)

As I was taking Sarah back to get her evening bath I turned around and guess who was up at the chalkboard practicing her name too?
I'll give you ONE guess!!!








Yep... You guessed right! :) Isn't she such a big girl!?!
I couldn't believe my eyes! :)

AND... NOW FOR THE REALLY BIG NEWS!!!
I am more then happy to announce that my brother and his wife are FINISHED WITH THEIR HIKE OF THE APPALACHIAN TRAIL in just under 5 1/2 months!!! When I got their text message last night a big part of me felt a huge sigh of relief! I was so happy and so overjoyed for them!!! I just couldn't wait to tell everyone their exciting news! Not only were they safe and healthy but they HIKED 2,176 MILES! Yes..., can you even imagine!?! I can't! But..., despite the horrific conditions at the end of the trail they pushed on and FINISHED with amazing stride! WHOA is all I can say!!!
WAY TO GO GUYS!!! We love you and are so thankful you are FINISHED!!!
I will fill you in on some of their amazing stories after I hear them!
Thank You again Lord! I can't thank You enough for bringing them this far - 2,176 miles! Surly, Your hand was carrying them all the way!

Blessings,
Until next time...

No comments: