Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Elizabeth Is Standing!

Elizabeth continues to amaze us! Lately, she has been pulling herself up, all by herself, to a standing position, while holding onto something! She is so strong and is able to hold herself up for several minutes at a time! Here she is standing at the dishwasher watching me work. She keeps a watchful eye and is never too far from "Ma Ma". Isn't she precious in her pink sundress with her BIG blue eyes?
This picture was taken this past Sunday after church.
Here is a sweet picture of both girls~

I figured this past Sunday was most likely the last Sunday this year for sundresses. As soon as Labor Day arrives I'm ready for Autumn! I told Sarah no more white shoes! I guess I'm sorta a stickler when it comes to southern traditions!
Well... I bet you are curious about Sarah's 1st day at Ballet! O, she had a wonderful 1st class and can't wait to go back! She is taking a 45 minute ballet/tap combination class once a week at the Ann Freeman Dance Academy. Click on Ann Freeman Dance Academy to read more about the academy. So far, I have been very impressed with the academy as a whole and their levels of instruction offered. Her teachers (Ms. Jackie and Ms. Nicole) explained to us that they believe in waiting until the children are in kindergarten before using "technical" ballet terminology. I think this is so wise! They use cute words and phrases like "duck feet", "open the window", the "Mommy Foot" (right foot) and the "Daddy Foot" (left foot) to teach them basic ballet positions and moves. Naturally, Sarah took right too this and was thoroughly impressed!

Here she is dancing in the lobby waiting for class to begin!
Can you tell she is excited!?! :)

Tomorrow holds another busy day for us! So... I guess I should twirl myself back to the bed now for some much needed rest! :)

Blessings,
Until next time...

1 comment:

Mom of 3 said...

Can you believe how big they are getting? She does have some beautiful blue eyes... :)