Sarah and Elizabeth both had a wonderful July 4th! Early Friday morning we took Sarah to the always exciting Ocean Isle Beach Annual Parade. Here she is, in the above picture, taking it all in. And, what a lot it was! I believe she was most amazed at all the candy coming in every direction from the float riders throughout the parade! I wonder if she thought she had somehow slipped into Candy Land!?!Despite the hot temps. our July 4th turned out to be a
firecracker blast!!!
Following the parade we enjoyed a fun family cook-out at Grandmommie and Papa's house. Granny Hill and Aunt Connie from Raleigh also joined us. Papa grilled the traditional hamburgers and hot dogs as well as the not so traditional shrimp and scallops. Grandma Hammond enjoyed a smoked sausage hot dog! That is her favorite! Sarah loved the fresh corn on the cob and Grandmommie's Blueberry Dessert Surprise!
During our cook-out Grandma Hammond reminded us all of a very important truth.
She said, "Even though our country is going through very tough times right now we are still the
most blessed nation on earth".
Sometimes, for me, I can get so wrapped up in all the negative going on in the world that I mistakenly overlook the many tremendous blessings we have around us everyday. Despite this, thank you Father for this great nation! What a privilege You have bestowed upon each of us to live and dwell here. May we never lose sight of this gift!
I hope you all enjoyed a blessed and fun fourth as well!
Oh,.. I can't forget to mention, today (July 5th) is our sweet dog's 9th Birthday! Happy Birthday Lucy!!! Lucy actually loves to sing the "Happy Birthday" song with us. She just howls along! :)
Blessings,
Until next time...

Me and Elizabeth on her 1st 4th of July!
Pictures of the July 4th Ocean Isle Beach Parade!




No comments:
Post a Comment