I spoke with Jamie this evening. It was wonderful to hear from him!!!
They are currently in New York and plan to head into Connecticut tomorrow putting them at Mile 1450!!! Jamie says this makes them 2/3 of the way done! Can you believe it? They hope to be finished sometime in September.
To date they have seen 15 bears and recently spotted a 600 pound bear. I know... just to type the words "600 pound bear" gives me the shakes!
One interesting story Jamie told me tonight was of their recent stay at the Mayor of Unionville, NY's home. They enjoyed a warm meal as well as spent the night IN DOORS for crying out loud!!! :) Just kidding! I'm sure they enjoyed the indoors for the night.
Jamie unbelievably doesn't sound the least bit tired or lonely. It's remarkable! However, I believe they are looking forward to their return to civilization in the near future. He did mention they are having dreams of sleeping in beds and getting up in the morning and fixing breakfast. He says they now think of these acts as ones of pure luxury! Isn't that a nice reminder!?! I know I take for granted the fact that I have a cozy bed to rest my head and a warm breakfast to enjoy if I choose.
I'm looking forward to hearing all the many life lessons I'm sure they are learning.
Thank you once again for your prayers regarding their safety! It sounds like with 600 pound bears walking around we better keep praying!
Happy Trails,
Blessings,
Until next time...
Friday, July 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment