Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Sarah Loves A Good Party!


Last night I hosted a Pampered Chef party for a friend of mine. Unexpectedly, I had a pretty good turnout, especially for July. I had about 12 ladies come. So... yesterday our day mostly consisted of picking out fruit at the grocery store for an appetizer and cleaning the house. Just returning from vacation... there were several chores calling out! I know it sounds crazy but Sarah really enjoys helping me clean as well as assisting with any party details. I give her little assignments that I think she can handle and she does beautifully!
I think it is wonderful to see her help and take part in the details. She truly loves helping Mommy and is always asking if she can help. I realize she is learning a great deal from each of these little chores so I don't mind her helping even if it is in a small way. Plus, I believe it's important for every young lady to learn the skills of throwing a good party. I guess I've just got her in training, early! ;)
In the above picture she is cleaning one of our glass doors. This was always one of my favorite jobs as a child.

While we were grocery shopping yesterday I discovered these very adorable paper plates that I decided to use last night at the party. I know, I know... I shouldn't get all excited about paper plates, but I did! I confess!!! I took a picture of them so you could see them too. I found them at Lowe's Foods. They're made by Solo. Aren't they beautiful? Now..., who doesn't love a really charming paper plate, right?

During the party the consultant showed us all how to make these very tasty chicken squares. They are wonderful! But be aware, if you make these, you will not be able to stop eating them. They are that good!!! I promise!

Clubhouse Chicken Squares:

1 10-13 oz. can of chunk chicken
2 pkgs. refrigerated crescent rolls
8 oz. cream cheese
2 Tbs. mayo
2 small cucumbers/or one large
2 roma tomatoes
6 slices of bacon
1 cup shredded cheddar or colby jack blend cheese
2 cloves of garlic
1 tsp. of dill (Can use Pampered Chef Dill- it's wonderful!)

Instructions:
Spread out crescent rolls into a bar pan and bake at 350 degrees for 17 min.
Mix cream cheese with 2 Tbs. mayo, 2 garlic cloves and 1 tsp. of dill. Spread over cooled crescent rolls, top with chicken, cheese, cucumbers, tomatoes and bacon.


Cut into squares.
Serve right away or refrigerate and serve later.

Lastly, I wanted to send a little note out to my #1 FAN (you know who you are)! I heard today that you were a little disappointed with me not posting anything this week. So... I dedicate this one to you!!! I would mention your nick-name... but... I think you know who you are!
Thank you for all your wonderful encouragement!!!

Blessings,
Until next time...

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Julie, That is the sweetest, bestest blog I have seen. Keep up the good work! I'll come back and read/look over your blog again.
Love you scrapbooking sister,
Peggy