Sarah with her class at Wilson's Farm
Every week seems to be packed-full around here but I'm thankful for it! Let me explain... These are the days I so longed for during my college years when everyone in sight was asking, "So... what are you planning to do after you graduate?" Does anyone else out there remember hearing those nagging questions from professors and other colleagues "daily" throughout your college years? All I can remember was thinking in my heart what I truly desired more than anything was to be a mother. What I envisioned was the stage I find myself in currently. I pictured being at home with little ones playing together, doing little fun "learning type" projects, making lunch together, singing songs (I know that sounds funny), baking, trips to the library and science center, ... Just being together and did I forget to mention I pictured this all taking place in a "perfect-looking" home with "perfect circumstances". Who was I fooling, huh? But, you know, right now life really is "perfect", just like I envisioned longing for. The children are at home with me everyday and everyday we are seeing and learning new things together about the world, the Lord and about each other. What more could I desire? Most everyone during the college years seemed to long for a successful career and accomplishments, which I do believe is wonderful. However, what I wanted more than anything was what I'm now beginning to understand is what the Lord was wanting for me too. And..., that is to love and nurture these precious girls He has given me and what an AWESOME and DIFFICULT responsibility it is turning out to be. Successful in the world's eyes - no, but success in His eyes - YES!
So with all that said... I would encourage you other moms out there to cherish these days with your little ones. To look beyond the mundane of motherhood. To find ways to truly "live and love" life beyond what you think is possible. These are the years we have been given to give all we are to our children and what a joy I feel to have been given this opportunity. I encourage you to make the most of it now! I heard someone recently say to me, "Our days are long but the years are short". What a good thing to ponder on.This past Tuesday we were invited to join Sarah's class field trip to Wilson's Farm in Granite Farms. The best part was Sarah got to ride a "big" school bus for the 1st time to the farm and delighted she was! :) I'm so glad I got to experience that 1st with her!
Wilson's Farm is a beautiful farm set on a picturesque countryside with mountains, cows, horses, beautiful barns, a pond...
Here are a few pictures from the day! We enjoyed a Tractor-Pulled Wagon Ride, a Corn maze, a Corral maze, snack time, Petting Farm and ended the morning choosing a pumpkin from the
Pumpkin Patch to take home.
Sarah finding her way through the Corn Maze. They told us not to mess with the corn because they give them to the cows to eat during the winter.
A view of the Corn Maze from the wagon ride.
The Corral Maze which was lots of fun!
A view of the wagon. It was a John Deere Farm for sure!
Sarah saying her blessing before snack time. I just couldn't resist and had to take this picture. :)
Don't you just love seeing your children love each other!?! So sweet! :)
Sarah and Ellie (one of her best buddies)
Sarah looking at the billy goats with her teacher, Ms. Sherry
From our busy week to yours...
Blessings,
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment