Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Cinderella Pumpkin


Tonight was a big night at our house. Daddy carved a Cinderella jack-o-lantern for Sarah and Elizabeth! Isn't it beautiful? He worked most of the evening on it. Do you remember carving a jack-o-lantern with your parents when you were a child? Oh, I do... and it was such a FUN experience! I remember it being so exciting to watch all that orange gook come out. And..., there sure was a lot of it! It was so fun seeing Sarah's expressions tonight as her Daddy lifted off the lid of the pumpkin! She was totally amazed and said, "Look Mommy"! What a joy it was to see her excitement. She watched me scoop some gook out with my hands but wasn't about to touch that stuff with her hands. :) Instead she used an ice cream scoop.
Also, do you remember the story of Cinderella - where her fairy godmother turned a pumpkin into her coach- so I guess this "Cinderella Pumpkin" really is so appropriate! Thank you Daddy for working so hard on it! "Your girls" LOVE it!!!

P.S. A little carving tip for you~ I recently read that if you apply lemon juice to the carved pumpkin that it helps to keep it from turning brown.
Blessings,

Until next time...


1 comment:

Grandma Durham said...

HI JULIE , I JUST WANT TO LET YOU KNOW THAT I AM SO IMPRESSED WITH MY SON'S WORK ON THE PUMPKIN, THAT WAS GREAT WORK! WOW! PLEASE LET HIM KNOW. I KNOW THAT THE KIDS ARE HAVING A GREAT TIME WITH ALL THIS PUMPKIN CARVING AND I KNOW TWO BIGS KIDS ARE TOO! LOVE TO ALL, GRANDMA