Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Bunny Biscuits


Mmmm! Bunny Biscuits! Let me explain. My oldest daughter has been a little "under the weather" this week, so for dinner tonight I made her a special treat! Well... I semi made them. Growing up, bunny biscuits were one of my favorite things my mother would make. I'm not sure why, but to me these biscuits were extra good and extra fun! She would mostly make them around Easter but occasionally we would see them hop onto our plates during other times of the year. And... for some reason I thought it was simply WONDERFUL! So..., when my parents left my childhood home Mom gave me this cookie cutter to use with my family! Sarah was thrilled when she saw me making these tonight! Of course she was eager to jump up in a chair and help me at the counter. Tonight, I just used a pre made package of crescent rolls but I highly recommend making your own biscuits from scratch. I think it would be fun to alternate different cutters throughout the year depending on the seasons and let your little ones help. How cute would your child's plate look this Thanksgiving with turkey biscuits on it? It's a fun way to make your bread plate come to life too! Sarah said the sweetest thing to me tonight after I popped them in the oven. She said, "Mommy, thank you for making me those bunny girls." Isn't that precious!?!Maybe I'll start calling them "the bunny girls" from now on. :)
Thank you Mom for filling my life with such wonderful tasty memories of "the bunny girls". I love you!


Blessings from this "bunny girl",
Until next time...

1 comment:

Grandma Durham said...

HI JULIE, I LOVED THE BUNNY BISCUITS, THEY ARE PRECIOUS AND YOU ARE SUCH A GOOD MOMMY. I AM GLAD THAT SARAH IS FEELING BETTER.SEE ALL REAL SOON, LOVE GRANDMA LOVE TOO ALL!!!!