Friday, June 27, 2008

Creamy Dreamy Banana Pudding!


Sarah has become quite the little homemaker lately, especially in the kitchen! She calls it the "chicken". :)
Any time I'm in the kitchen preparing meals, she wants to be right there with me helping any way she can. One dessert I have found rather easy for her to assist me with is this Creamy Dreamy Banana Pudding! This is one of her Daddy's most favorite treats! So far this summer she has helped me make 4 of these. No, we haven't eaten all 4!
We have eaten just one, well... maybe 2 and have given the others away!
I LOVE really good recipes, so I hope you don't mind me posting a few of our family's favorites from time to time. This one may even become a favorite for your family! I also thought with July 4th right around the corner this would be a fun recipe to try, maybe even with your little ones!

What you will need is:
4 0r 5 bananas (less for a small bowl, or more for a large bowl)
1 large box instant vanilla pudding (or 2 small boxes)
1 (12 to 16 oz.) container frozen whipped topping
1 box vanilla wafers
1 (8 oz.)container sour cream
Milk

Instructions:
Prepare pudding according to directions in a good-sized mixing bowl. (You can make this thin or think according to the amount of milk added - just don't make it too thin.) Do not let it set up completely. Add the sour cream and topping next and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
Cut bananas into discs. I only do one at a time, as I am preparing the pudding, so they won't turn brown. In your pudding bowl or dish, layer pudding mixture, wafers, and bananas, then repeat process until bowl is full.
*Hint: I place my wafers rounded side down and then put a banana on each wafer, so that when you dip it out, you get a bite of banana with every wafer! Umm, Umm!!
When bowl is full, crush a large handful of wafers in a Baggie and sprinkle over top of pudding.

Sarah loves to help me make all the layers. I spread out the pudding. Then she places each wafer and banana piece down into the pudding mixture. She also enjoys sprinkling the crushed wafers on top.
This is a fun and quick summer time dessert.
I hope you enjoy making and eating this
Creamy Dreamy Banana Pudding as much as we do!!!

Blessings,
Until next time...

No comments: