Saturday, June 14, 2008

So Yummy!!!


Doesn't this look wonderful!?! Well, it is!!! This is a picture of a very yummy and easy dessert idea that was given to us by some really dear friends of my in-laws. We have enjoyed this dessert for many summers! I made it one night this past week for dessert and it reminded me that I should tell all of you about it before I forget. You won't believe how easy it is to make! :)
Simply buy a store-bought angel food cake and slice it 2 times with a knife. To each layer spread on cool whip (I use extra creamy but you can use lite as well). I've had both and they are both great! On top of the cool whip add sliced strawberries, as many as you like! Put the layers together and I promise it will be a hit with your family and guests!!! I didn't mention this but it takes maybe 10 minutes to put together.
Sarah watched me as I made it and I believe she thought I was making a Birthday Cake. I told her it was just a cake Mommy was making for our dessert. She said, "Well, okay, but lets still sing Happy Birthday to me anyway". So we did!

No comments: