This first week of June has been a busy one travel wise. Monday was our official "Family Day" this week and we decided to travel west to Blowing Rock and Boone for the day. Located only 45 miles or so from our home makes this drive quite pleasant for everyone. I think our (me and my husband's) favorite part of the trip is most definitly the drive up because usually within the first 10 minutes or so both girls are fast asleep. It's so wonderful! It sorta feels like just the two of us for a short while. I'm sure some of you can relate! :)
The weather could not have been more perfect. Mike said it felt like the temp. was right on 70 degrees and did I mention no humity. Woo Hoo!!! It was truly a perfect day for being outdoors.
We spent part of the day on Main Street which is always wonderful and later traveled to a nearby park where we hiked, played in a creek and skipped rocks. Sarah fell in love with the creek and said she wanted to come back soon and have a picnic on the rocks. :)
Before we left the area we visited a magnificent mountain lodge that a friend of ours from church has built. It was incredible in every way not to mention a whopping 9,000 square feet of luxury. It was a sight to behold. Mike said he has never seen anything quite like it.
My favorite detail was the many boulders that graced the landscape and were nestled amongst the flower beds. I'll post the pictures so you can see the beauty! So... if anyone needs an incredible mountain lodge I know just the one.
When I get a chance I'll post Tuesday's travel experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment