Just in the last week we have noticed Elizabeth making HUGE strides in her desire to get up and follow me when I leave the room. She is rocking back and forth on her hands and knees now trying so hard to go somewhere. I will keep you posted on her progress.
Sarah, on the other hand has been busy this week attending her 1st Vacation Bible School - Outrigger Island. She has been going every night since this past Sunday and plans to finish up tomorrow night which is Parent's Night. We are invited to come and see their classrooms and everything they have been learning and working on this week. Every night has included dinner, music class, water and sand games, crafts, and story time.
What is interesting is that her teacher mentioned to me last night that Sarah has been answering the questions after story time. The moment the teacher spoke those words it melted my heart. Her teacher said, "Sarah has really been listening". Some of the questions Sarah answered were; The teacher asked the children, "What have we been learning this week?" and Sarah said, "That God is real". The teacher also asked, "What did we learn last night" and Sarah answered, "That Jesus was a baby and He grew up". The teacher also asked "Who went through the Red Sea when God parted the waters" and Sarah answered "The animals... and they carried bread on their shoulders". Isn't that funny? :) I'm just so amazed that she has absorbed so much at such a young age. Needless to say, we are very proud of her, more then I can describe. Tonight another teacher mentioned to me that Sarah has been "perfect" all week. That was such a joy to hear! The teacher continued to tell me the children were told tonight to put their finger in front of their lips as they walked quietly from their classroom to the Sanctuary. What is so cute is that Sarah kept her finger in front of her mouth the entire time from the classroom building all the way to the Sanctuary building and didn't remove her finger until they were inside the Sanctuary. Isn't that precious!?! I guess the teachers were amazed as they took notice! I'm a proud Mommy! Can you tell!?!
I believe Sarah's most favorite part of the week though has been the pink sand in her classroom.
I'm excited to see this "pink sand" tomorrow night.
If I can get some pictures of her tomorrow night at VBS I'll try to post them.
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment